Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Me vs. The World

Moving to a new city, living by my self, making new friends, starting a new career, and adding more distance between me and Stuart are only a few of the reasons that I have been feeling pretty overwhelmed these past few weeks. I couldn't count the number of people who warned me that I would be feeling this way after a month of being away from my family and friends and LIFE, but I was sure they would be wrong. Well, like any other lesson learned, I had to do it for my self to understand.
 First off, I found out really fast that being in outside sales for a company is no easy matter. And then, when you are trying to sell someone radio advertising who thinks they A) don't need it or B) they work with other stations that suck, well then it's good riddens to them. I think I could sell snow to a dolphin easier sometimes than talking with some of these businesses I am calling on. I have NEVER in my life been shut down so many times. Not interested, NO way, I hate your stations, or just plan hanging up on me, are only a few of the reasons I failed at my job today. I can't get an appt with a client to save my life. After 39 calls, 21 voice mails, 2 wrong numbers & 3 rude men, I started to think it was me. What do I really need to do to succeed at this job?! Sometimes I find myself having to really take a reality check and realize that it's not me. I, of course, take all things personal and was really beginning to beat myself up over all the negativity with work.
The end of the day could not have come soon enough for me to run out of the office today and call Stuart. He always knows what to say to bring a smile to my face. That is when reality really sets in for me. I am human, and I make mistakes. I get knocked down, but I am strong enough to get back up again. I have faith that God makes all things happen for a reason. He has given me a wonderful life that I should be so appreciative of, and yet I forget how many things I am truly thankful for. I really believe that he put Stu in my life because we are meant to be together. He makes me a better person, and I could not be happier at the place we are in our relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment