Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Little Miss Muffet Can Shove It

Have you ever walked into a spider web and felt those long strings of spider silk in your hair? Or even better, have you ever seen that happen to someone else?
You could be walking around somewhere with a group of friends and suddenly one of your friends begins to wave his arms around like crazy at some invisible force and no matter what he does, he cannot free himself. Is he possessed? No, it’s just a spider web. That’s the thing about spider webs, they are invisible and feel extremely sticky and stretch so much that attempting to get rid of it makes you look like a mad person. Some people feel the need to make a scene and start yelling and running around in circles. Other people take it too far and start panicking and might even attempt the old-school Stop, Drop and Roll, but that’s in case of your clothes being on fire! . . Wait, would fire get rid of it? No, don’t try it.
Well I was one angry girl yesterday when I had my hands full of groceries and walked right into a spider web at the stare case walking down to my apartment. I immediately dropped my purse and a couple bags and starting swatting at what seemed to be the air at the people walking by me. I grabbed a stick from the ground quickly and got the rest of the web down before I walked downstairs. As I picked my bags back up, I realized one of my neighbors had been standing on his balcony smoking. I smiled up at him thinking that he must have just witnessed the entire freak show! He laughed back and said that he could have just won money if he would have had that reaction on video. I blushed and just waved with my hands full and continued downstairs. I laughed later thinking about how funny my face must have been with me swatting and spitting at nothing! I can only imagine it was a mixture between these three...









No comments:

Post a Comment