Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Bad Drivers of the world, UNITE!

If you have ever had the opportunity to take directions from me, God bless you! If you want to go to McDonalds off the Chapin exit or the nicer Wal-Mart in Aiken, then I can get you there. But if it's neither one of those, then sorry charlie, you're on you own! So I went to my first official meeting with one of my clients last week, and lucky for me, my boss wanted to come along. Little did I know that we would be in separate cars. I assured him that I could get us there with some help from Tom (handy dandy Tom Tom GPS, who hasn't been so loyal since 2008), and that it would only take 10 mins to get there! Well that 10 min drive turned into a 30 min site seeing trip to Piedmont from Greenville! After finally arriving at the law firm I was headed to, I quickly called my boss to see where I had left him in all the mess. He politely answered the phone with a "where the heck are ya?". I, of course, had no idea where I had lost him :( He then explained to me that he followed the law and waited till the lights turn green to turn left across major highways. "WOAH, did I hear him right?! I went on a red light?"  Apparently, when I had come to the stop lights, the two green lights that I looked up at were for the two lanes to my right. I, on the other hand, was in the far left lane turning across the incoming traffic. I looked both ways, no one was coming, so I went for it! "oh geeze, story of my life" At least I made it to my meeting on time right!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment