Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Day & Bros


One of the perks of working at Clear Channel Media was that I got to meet some famous musicians! Danielle Bradbery was one of the past winner's of NBC's hit show The Voice. She was my first star I got to meet while working there, and you can bet I was so excited to meet her! I didn't think that she was very nice in person though. She was very quiet and just seemed like she was there to sing and get out. Her mom on the other hand was sweet as could be! Danielle had turned 17 the day before she came to our Greenville studio to preform, so I kinda felt for her. I mean I was still an awkward child at 17. I could not have imagined becoming a country music star overnight like she did!!

One of the other bands that I was lucky enough to hear was Brothers Osborne. I had never heard of them, but still thought that it was a good idea to get away from my desk and go listen to some pretty cool music. Well I ended up loving them! They signed some pictures for us afterward, and gave us a cd. That cd lived in Stu's car for quit a while and is often our choice of music for our many road trips :) 
My favorite song by them is Stay A Little Longer, but other favs are 21 Summer, RUM (for sure Summer 14's hit song), Arms of Fire, & Let's Go There. 

When I heard that they were going to be playing as WSSL's Acoustic Jam last night, I knew we had to go! I had invited a few friends up to go with us, but unfortunately yesterday & today turned into snow days so they weren't able to make it. 



It started snowing in Greenville around 3 and the concert was going to start at 7:30. Most people were getting off work early and going home to snuggle around a fire to keep warm. Well not us! Stu, Taylor and myself were headed to Chuey's to eat dinner before we headed to The Blind Horse for the show. 
A few other friends that I met up here joined us as well, and I got to mingle with some of my ex coworkers while listening to everyone play! Along with Brothers Osborne, Danielle Bradbery, Scotty McCreery, John Pardi and Leah Turner also played. 
I was excited to get to talk to them after the show and get a quick picture with them before they left :)








post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment