Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Ideal Day in My Life

Today was my last full day to myself before I start my nanny job on Monday. I have gotten used to sleeping in, working out, eating lunch late and then crafting in the afternoons till Stuart gets home, and then cooking dinner or going out with him. I treated my self to my favorite drink at Starbucks on my way home today :)
I got my first gel manicure! I usually bite my nails every day, but since I quit Clear Channel, I haven't bitten then at all. I have kept them painted every day, but they were getting so thin and breaking that I felt like it was time to get a manicure so I could keep them. I love getting one nail on each hand different than the others, so I decided on one red glittery nail for Valentines day coming up.
While I was in there I started up a conversation with the woman beside me. She noticed my ring and we started talking about the wedding. She introduced to me to her daughter sitting in the chair beside her who is a freshman at Wofford. Of course my next question was, "Are you in a sorority?". When the young girl shook her head and the words, "Yes Zeta", came out of her mouth, I knew it was love!! Her mom got excited real quick and said that she was a Zeta while she was in college too!!
I seriously never get tired of meeting other Zeta girls! Those 4 years in college meant so much to me, and I love to encourage girls to get everything they can out of their years in Zeta as well. There have been so many doors opened to me because of my Zeta sisters, and I would not be the young woman that I am today with out everything that I learned from Zeta. I truly believe that I am so lucky to be a member of such a wonderful organization full of beautiful woman and life long friends.
Meeting this mother and daughter duo today really made me how much I want to have a daughter to share that special bond with some day. I want her to follow in my legacy of not only being a Zeta Tau Alpha sister, but holding positions and knowing what being a leader her chapter feels like!

ZLAM
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment