Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hopeless Roommate to Domesticated Housewife

You can’t tell me that this doesn’t look delicious!! And I actually made it myself J … Now I know you’re probably taking back that delicious thought or either wondering what neighbor of mine I paid to make it for me!

 When I was in college, I was always the roommate that mooched off everyone else’s dinner. Barnes, Courtney and Carter cooked a lot, and I was always coming in and making a plate for myself after not helping do any of the work. Carter was usually the healthy one that cooked more than anyone else, while I was the one that was always stocked with any flavor of Ramen Noodles.
Or how about that night that I was actually helping Bri cook dinner and stove blew up on us?! All the power in the house went out and we thought the stove was going to burn the house down, so we did what any other young girl would do… Call 911 duh! By the time the fire department got there, we were fine and had gotten the power back on. They were nice enough to get a picture with us before they left!

I have always been the bake, not the cook! I had no idea what to do with an uncooked chicken and I sure wasn’t going to the one touching it! Like Ewwwww! Now I am learning to get my hands dirty with all kinds of food J I have become a master at a few different casseroles, and love love love the chicken that comes in the can. Yes, I know the real chicken breast would be better, but hey, I am still learning!
Tonight’s dinner is a Cheesy Pasta and Sausage Casserole thanks to Pinterst. Since I am home during the day when Stu gets home, I have been trying to have dinner planned. Little by little I am becoming a domesticated housewife! (well soon to be wife)

All this got me thinking about the great times that I had with my roommates in college so I pulled out some old pictures J I lived with Barnes, Courtney and Carter my junior year, and Carter, Bri and Angela my senior year! I realize now that those are some of the sweet times and memories that I took for granted. It didn’t hit me till I was moving home after graduation, that I wouldn’t have my girlfriends as roommates again! Carter and Angela were both planning their weddings, Bri had a semester left of school and I was moving back in with my mom. Having these girls as roommates never made a day dull. Someone was always playing pranks, or catching each other doing silly stuff. We shared so many laughs and quite a few tears, but after everything, I love them more! 

 Angela took the picture of me the day we were moving out. I surprised everyone with my star wars mattress! Barnes and Courtney were always putting a rubber band around the faucet; I was usually the one that found it! Angela also caught me making Tipsy kill a spider on my ceiling one night :) All things that I am glad we were able to capture with a photo!



This was Barnes graduation party in May of 2011, and her birthday dinner in January of 2012! The pictures below are from our Zeta Chapters ten year reunion with alumnae, and also from Steeple Chase in March of 2011!




This was our Zeta snow day in January 2011. Angela had spent the night with me that night and ended up staying for 3 nights because of the snow! Other girls walked from their houses close by and we all sat in our den doing wasteful things like deleting people on facebook!!!

Barnes won a free trip to Charleston with VIP status in a club there!! 



This was us at Zeta's Mother Daughter Tea in 2010, and at a ZTA PJ party on campus in December of 2011.







A memorable night at Tipsy McStumbles where we hung out for every Thirsty Thursday. Pretty sure the final count was us 0, Tipsy's 12!
This is one of my favorite pictures of us! It was at Smalley's wedding in September of 2012.

I can't believe this was our last night out together in Aiken! It the weekend before we all moved out of our house that Carter and I had shared for 2 years! 


Stu had a cookout with some friends before Steeple Chase 2012 the girls and I joined!
That is the 4 of us at our last Steeple Chase together before we all graduated. Barnes got engaged at this one, and I think I cried more than she did!! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment