Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Dinner Time Recipes - Ham, Asparagus, Cheddar Biscuits

Jessica Durst Yarborough's photo.
I'd like to say I cook dinner most nights of the week, but sadly that's not true! We are probably at the point of cooking 3 nights a week, going out 2 nights, and eating left overs or something else we find around the house the other 2.
I went to Columbia to see Mom and my grandma on Monday night, so I figured I should cook a yummy dinner for Stu last night. I was more impressed by my apron that I made from one of his old button down shirts, but after posting this on social media, you all seemed more interested in what I cooked!
Here is the recipe for this yummy dinner :) Ill post later with instructions on my DIY (Do It Yourself) apron!

Cooked ham and pineapple chunks threaded on skewers and coated with a zesty, sweet glaze.
Asparagus Wrapped in Bacon  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper and sea salt. Roast in a 400 oven for 15 mins {turning in between} until browned. If you would prefer, you can grill 5 mins on each side until bacon is cooked and crispy.

Ham cooked in Pepsi & Pineapple
 
Serves: 4
Cook time: 30 mins
 
Ingredients
2 packs of Smithfield Ham
1 small can of chunk pineapple
1/3 cup of pepsi
 
Instructions
I choose the easy way out with the ham! I love Smithfield's already cooked ham slices. I like to overcook for the 2 of us so Stu will have lunch to take to work, so that's why I chose 2 slices. Heat over to 350. Put the two slices in a baking dish. Cover the ham with the pine apple chunks or slices, and then pour the Pepsi on top of it all. Bake for 30 mins.
 
Asparagus Wrapped in Bacon
 
Serves:6
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:15 mins
 
Ingredients
2 lbs Asparagus
1 package of Maple Bacon
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt/Pepper
 
Instructions
Trim Asparagus ends so that they are all even with one another {about 1-2 inches off}. Rinse
Bundle 5-6 asparagus, wrap tightly with maple bacon, seal with a toothpick.
Place all bundles in a foil lined 9×13 baking dish or pan.
Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 7 mins, turn and roast an additional 7 mins until bacon is cooked through
 
 Cheddar Bay Biscuits
 
Brand: Martha White
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 9-12 mins
 
Ingredients
1/2 cup milk
1 bag of Martha White Chedder & Garlic
 
These guys taste just like red lobsters and were so easy to make!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment