Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Top Reasons Why I Can't Get an Appointment

Being in sales is hard enough as it is, but when you add radio sales into that... I think it makes it worse :( My days at work are always full of many people fussing at me on the phone for calling them, or filling up their voicemail boxes. I really do want to help people businesses, so why won't they just let me talk dagumit! Well I feel like today is just one of those days that I will be making about 20 cold calls, leaving 11 voicemails, get yelled at by 3 people, and turned down by all. I have recently been keeping a notepad of unusual things that people say to me on the phone other than just NO or Not Interested, so I thought I would share...

Random things that people tell me on the phone:
  • "The person that handles the advertising doesn't talk on phones." (right, so are they invisable too?)
  • "Why do you want to know this information?"
  • "I don't feel comfortable talking to you about this."
  • "We just us mouth to mouth to advertise." (I think he meant word of mouth?)
  • "I am 71 years old and I am about to retire."
  • "We already do some kinda of advertising with someone doing something somewhere else." (Now i'm just some kinda confused)
  • "Radio is for dinosaurs." (Not when your car was born in 2002!)

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses is all I hear! I have been in their shoes, and have been the gatekeeper at businesses before, but I would like to think that I was never as rude as some people have been to me. I have been ready to just tell some people straight up, "I hope your businesses fails because you are a mean person!"

No comments:

Post a Comment