Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Southern Touch Boutique

I thought I wanted a career in life, turns out I just wanted a pay check. It seems like now a days that many people are starting their own businesses, and it is making me want to open my store sooner than later. I have always been crafty and selling things, but I decided my freshman year of college that I wanted to make a real job out of this. After spending countless hours a day painting picture frames at the job I had at that time (working in a boutique called Sassy Silver & Such) I realized that I really enjoyed painting! No, not Picasso or Monet kinds of art, I'm talking about the kinds that you see in all your girly little stores today. I became obsessed with the zebra pattern, and began painting everything zebra including my furniture in college! 4 years later came chevron, and now that's my new obsession :) 
A coworker of mine, that I have become great friends with, gave me the idea to get my facebook page for A Southern Touch back up and running to see if I could make some extra money for the wedding... well I would say that 12 hours and getting 100+likes on facebook was a hit! I am beyond excited that I have had such a huge "liking" to my stuff since it really it was I enjoy doing. I am so thankful to have to so many family and friends who support me in my hopes and dreams :) 
If you haven't checked it out, take a look now on Instagram at A Southern Touch SC or on Facebook at A Southern Touch! 

Here are a couple of the things that I have made!



No comments:

Post a Comment